Alive is Awesome!

 

Why do we exist? It sounds philosophical. Isn’t it? Stay with me for the next 5 minutes, we are going to explore the answer together.

One fine day, I was lucky enough to be alone at home. A strange thought came to me ‘Why do I exist?’ I embarked on a mind journey to find out the answer. I would like to replicate the very same experience together with you all. I want everyone to close your eyes and take a deep breath. Keep your eyes closed. As I narrate, dwell into your own imagination.   

Let us go to the universe first. ‘Hi Universe’.

‘Oh, hi’ universe is replying in a childlike tone. ‘are you my parent?’

‘What? No, I am a human, living in a planet called earth in the solar system.’

‘Oh okay. I don’t know what it is. You must be too big to me or too small to me, I couldn’t see you, but thanks for checking on me. You know, just moments ago there was a bang and I was born out of it and came to an existence. I was worried not to have anyone around me to take care. Then I noticed all these fire balls, dusts and gases acting weirdly and entertaining me. I think it is their duty to entertain me.’ universe is giggling like a child.

I don’t know what to respond. Okay everyone, just say ‘take care, kid’ and leave from there.

Now, let us go to Sun and say hello.

‘Hey, What’s up you tiny spec? Who are you and what brings you here?’ he is sounding more like a teenage boy.

‘I am human from planet earth and I would like to know the purpose of my existence.’

‘oh yeah heard that earth is still keeping up the life, while other planets have lost them in recent past. And what did you ask, the purpose of existence? Don’t worry about it you tiny spec, go ahead and enjoy the life. See, my purpose is to burn all the fuel left in me and become a black hole someday. I have lots of fuel left and I am having fun burning them all.’

‘Okay, Thank you! Sun, enjoy your life’

Let us go to mother earth and ask same question.

‘Hi little living thing. Who are you? and what are you looking for?’

‘I am human, and I would like to know the purpose of my existence’

‘Oh, naughty human! you are the one recently causing lot of troubles to me, right? Its okay, I will take care of it some other time’.  She is saying in the motherly tone. ‘Now, to answer your question, everything in nature exists to maintain the balance.’

Are you still confused, just like me? But at least we got a first clue. Let us go to our maternal mothers and ask the same question.

You could see her getting anxious, ‘what happened son? Why are you asking this kind of questions? Is everything alright? Whatever happens, remember one thing, I am there for you.’

‘Thank you! Mom. It is very consoling’

Now break yourself into trillions of cells and ask some of them.

Let us go check with the cells in the stomach and ask the same question.

‘I have work to do, get lost and come back later’. The cells in the stomach replies in a husky & harsh voice. Oh yeah, we just had a heavy lunch prior to this meeting, right?

‘By the way who did you tell you are?’

‘I am the body you are living in’

‘You say I live in your body? Whatever. All I know is, I live in this colony called stomach. You see that shit always falling from the top. Here are my moving friends called microbes, meticulously chew them all to make it lighter and push it thru the garbage below. That keeps our colony clean and keeps us healthy. We together flex and help our friends perform their job. Sometime the shit falling from above brings in aliens, that kills our poor friends, and makes us fall sick as well. If you can do something about it, it will be good. Now, get lost. We are busy!’

Coming back to realm. Take deep breaths, take your time to think thru and try to digest what just experienced. Hope you enjoyed the journey. Whatever you inferred; it is your own realization. Just keep it with you or share with your friends.  

Back at home, when all this happened, one thing I realized is, I exist, and I am very happy about it. Another thing I learnt is that my existence is not possible without co-existence. We are here to help each other to exist.

With this new realization, I was in a pure bliss state. I felt like I was literally flying.

Just by then, my wife and children came back from a birthday party.

With an angry face my wife said, ‘this is just a birthday, they show off as if this is a wedding party’ I could see the sense of jealousy oozing out of her.

With all this new enlightenment, I was trying to help her understand, ‘Hey honey, calm down, you shouldn’t treat our fellow human beings like this. We should have mutual respect to each other’.

She gave me a look like what happened to this man. Then she said, ‘by the way, we met your colleague Ramu and his family in the party’.

My face turned red and asked her in a fuming voice, ‘what did that sadist told about me?’

Ladies and gentlemen, welcome back to reality! Alive is awesome! Enjoy every moment!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SINGLE TICK ✓ - A Mystery Chat

நானாகிப் போன நீ!